This rain is not going to stop us from eating healthy and keeping our spirits up! Sweet potatoes can add DELICOUS to any meal.
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 4–6 bowls
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 pound 93/7 ground beef
- 1.5 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 batch homemade taco seasoning or one packet store-bought
- ½–3/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado or Greek yogurt to top
- Place a skillet over medium heat, and brown ground beef until completely cooked.
- Add taco seasoning, black beans, red onion and water to the skillet. Mix together and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- While ground beef is cooking, spiralize sweet potatoes.
- For crispier sweet potato noodle bowls: Preheat oven to 425 degrees while ground beef is cooking. Toss noodles in just a swirl of EVOO (maybe one tablespoon), salt and pepper to taste, and cook on a baking sheet for 12 minutes. Broil on high additional 3 minutes or so.
- For softer sweet potato noodle bowls: After simmering ground beef with taco seasoning, add sweet potato noodles to the same skillet with a swirl of EVOO and another ¼ cup water. Cook on low about 7–10 minutes until sweet potato noodles are soft. You may need a kettle/larger skillet than normal for this.
- Take it to the next level: Serve with black bean puree on the bottom! To make puree, blend additional cup of black beans with ¼–1/2 cup of water to the correct consistency with an extra teaspoon of taco seasoning.
Nutrition facts based on 4 servings of recipe with no black bean puree. To be fair, I’d say this recipe lasted us closer to 6 servings, but included avocado, Greek yogurt and black bean puree as well.