So…. Apple Butter is one of my most favorite foods EVER! Make these delicious muffins and you’ll have a great addition to your Sunday morning brunch!
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Start to Finish: 40 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 38
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unprocessed wheat bran, or oat bran
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup spiced apple butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup finely diced peeled apple
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 12 standard 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray. Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in bran.
- Whisk egg, milk, apple butter, brown sugar, oil and molasses in a large bowl until blended. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Drain the raisins; add them and the diced apple to the bowl. Stir until just combined. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan (the cups will be very full).
- Bake the muffins until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges and turn the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
- Tip: Wrap leftover muffins individually in plastic wrap, place in a plastic storage container or ziplock bag and freeze for up to 1 month. To thaw, remove plastic wrap, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on Defrost for about 2 minutes.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 197 cal., 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 18 mg chol., 148 mg sodium, 38 g carb. (4 g fiber), 4 g pro.